lunedì 21 gennaio 2019

Windows change keyboard layout in remote desktop always revert to default (eng)

Hi,
if you are experiencing Windows (2016 server in my case) in remote desktop to automatically change the Keyboard Layout to the default (ENG) one, whatever you set , you are in the right place.

In the last days I fought against my Windows 2016 server. I set the keyboard layout to ITA but without apparent reason it automatically revert to ENG anytime .

I tried in many way to fix it, but it always reverted to ENG, also if in the control panel I deleted any keyboard layout and left just the one I wanted.

Solution:

open regedit, navigate here (be careful! Layout  - NOT Layouts )

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

create this :

 IgnoreRemoteKeyboardLayout   DWORD   1

logout/login (or reboot the machine), the keyboard layout should be now the one selected from you, if the layout is not set to the correct one, set it , then it should not change anymore.


Nessun commento:

Posta un commento